Getting Married

Weddings can be booked by contacting the Parish Office.

All couples must give at least three months notice of their marriage to one of the priests in the parish. If either of the couple is under 18 years of age, 6 months notice is required.

In preparing for your wedding you need to complete the following requirements:

-Pre Nuptial Enquiry Form

The Church has a set form that all people wishing to get married in the church need to complete. You need to get these papers filled in by the priest in the parish you are currently living in, and have been for six months. He will require an up to date copy of your baptismal certificate, that is, issued within six months of the date set for marriage. The baptismal Certificate will be available from the parish in which you were baptised. He will also require a certificate of your confirmation, if this information is not included on your baptismal certificate. He may require a letter of freedom from any other parishes you lived in since you reached the canonical age from marriage. This letter states that you did not marry while in that parish. In some cases, you may be asked for a sworn affidavit to prove you have never been married before.

-Notice to the Civil Registrar

Since 2007, the civil registrar has to be informed about your forthcoming wedding. They also require three months notice.

if you live locally, or you can contact one closer to where you normally live in other parts of Ireland. They will ask to meet you face to face and you need to bring photographic ID with you in the form of Passport, Driving licence, etc. There is a fee for this service. They will give you the document that will be signed on the day of your wedding. This document is your responsibility and you need to ensure that it gets to the church on the day, and that it gets back to the registrar within one month. It may be prudent to give one trusted person sole responsibility for this document.

Planning your Ceremony:

You can plan your wedding with the priest who has agreed to conduct your ceremony. He can furnish you with readings for your wedding and help you construct the ceremony.


These are possible readings you can use for your service a booklet can be obtained from the parish office.

Pre Marriage Course:

Couples are required to complete a pre marriage course before their wedding. Details of such courses can be found at


-Can I choose any priest to conduct my ceremony?

Yes. Most priests are given the task of celebrating weddings in their particular parish and so may not be free to travel to another parish to celebrate a wedding, but if you have a priest friend or family member who is willing to conduct your ceremony, we are delighted to accommodate you. Be aware that priests living outside Ireland are not recognised solemnisers by the state and have to get a special permission from civil law to conduct a wedding in Ireland.

-Can I have poems instead of the bible readings?

No. You cannot replace the Word of God with poetry. You can however use appropriate poetry as a reflection after communion.

-What happens if I forget to give the state three months notice?

You can go to court and get a special permission to get married within the three months of notice required.

-Can I play love songs at the wedding?

No. Because you are asking God’s blessing on your wedding, the music needs to be sacred. Music is not simply an adornment of the ceremony, it is a prayer. So its words and meanings are very important in your service as they effectively make your wedding into a prayer.

-Can I have as many bridesmaids and groomsmen as I like?

Although only two witnesses are required, you can have as many as can fit in the front seats.

-What will I be asked in the Pre-Nuptial Enquiry Form?

The form looks for background information, Sacramental information, Marriage Preparation undertaken, Freedom to marry, i.e., no previous lawful marriages, no impediment to marriage, all permissions needed in the case of a mixed marriage, your willingness to marry, i.e., that you are not under duress. It also asks if your understanding of marriage is compatible with that of the church, that it can only be ended by death, that it involves a lifelong commitment of love and support, it involves fidelity, commitment to bringing up the children in the faith, etc.

-Can I use an old Baptismal Certificate I have at home?

No. The Certificate must be a newly issued one dating from no more than six months from the date of your wedding. This is to help us establish that you are free to marry, as any previous marriage would be recorded on a new baptismal certificate.

-Can I have extra candles and flowers at my Wedding?

Flowers are a lovely way to enhance the chapel on your wedding day. Those who prepare the chapel for the weekend Masses love to use your flowers for our weekend services if you wish to leave them behind you although many brides take them with them for an arrangement at their reception.

Many couples opt for the three candles on the altar, two that they light upon entering the chapel and the third lit after their vows. This is acceptable. Some couples ask for another candle to be lit in memory of a loved one. Again this is acceptable.

We have been asked not to allow extra decorative candles in the sanctuary area in our churches as the wax inevitably drips and makes a mess, especially on the carpet. There is also a health and safety issue with some arrangements of candles, i.e., in the aisle, on the sides of the seats. But some people have used large candle stands with electric candles throughout the chapel and these are fine.


Contact Form

Mass Times

Vigil Saturday 6.00pm
Sunday 11.30am

Holy Days:
Vigil Mass on previous evening 7.00pm

Monday-Friday 10.00am


Public Holidays:
10.00am only

Confessions :
Saturday 10.30am

Third Sunday of the month 12.20pm by arrangement

Parish Council:
Meetings are on the first Thursday of every month

Parish Activities:
Legion of Mary: Monday 7.30pm

Rosary: Monday to Saturday 9.35am Mass

Novena of the Miraculous Medal: Monday after morning Masses